ABOUT THE COMPANY
Barden Legal has been engaged by a thriving biopharmaceutical company, whose global headquarters are here in Dublin, to lead the search for a Legal Counsel to join their team. The company also has offices in the US and Europe.
The successful candidate will work in a particularly collaborative legal team which is fully immersed in the activities of the business. This is a real opportunity to work with a progressive business, gaining invaluable insight into both front line commercial legal advice and the life sciences sector.
This business has gone from strength-to-strength since its establishment and strongly fosters its culture and values throughout the company.
“We offer a flexible, open and relaxed working environment and place a real emphasis on ensuring our people have the opportunity to build their career within the business. We’re definitely a down-to-earth and sociable bunch and get on very well together as a team, reflected in our low turnover” – Human Resources Director
ABOUT THE ROLE
The scope of this position relates to both Ireland and global operations. Therefore, the responsibilities will be broad, and will include the provision of legal support on a range of matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
- Working on a variety of commercial contracts (development/drafting, negotiation, management and oversight of contracts database).
- Advising on a range of commercial issues.
- Privacy and data protection.
- Structuring and maintenance of intercompany agreements between various business entities.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders across the business to include legal, tax, finance, technical operations and quality.
- A range of ad hoc legal queries across employment law, intellectual property, regulatory matters, property law.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- You will be a qualified solicitor, ideally with between 2-5 years’ PQE.
- Applicants coming directly from a law firm or those who are currently working in an in-house legal role will be considered.
- Experience in commercial contracts experience is beneficial.
- Previous life sciences or healthcare experience is beneficial.
- Must have demonstrable commercial acumen, good judgment and strong initiative .
- You should have strong interpersonal skills, a professional approach with excellent communication and organisation skills.
In Barden Legal we’re the experts in legal recruitment; the people legal professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.