Barden Legal has been engaged by a top tier law firm who is seeking a senior corporate and M&A lawyer to join its team. Reporting to the head of corporate transactions and the knowledge partner, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the firm’s dynamic and market-leading corporate and M&A practice.
*Part time and flexible working options available.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Monitor legal developments and the impact of new and proposed legislation and case law and prepare current awareness updates for the group
- Assist fee-earners with technical and practical legal queries
- Develop and maintain the group’s precedents and ensure that they reflect best practice
- Drive the collection, organisation and sharing of relevant know-how across the group
- Assist in the preparation and development of position papers, toolkits, standard documentation and other legal know-how
- Develop, in collaboration with the talent department, technical legal training programmes for fee-earners of all levels and, where appropriate, have a role in the delivery of such training
- Regular internal practice update seminars
- Work closely with the group partners and knowledge partner to prepare and deliver workshops to clients on particular topics
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified lawyer with in excess of 5 years of post-qualification Corporate/M&A experience
- Strong interest in legal knowledge, learning and development
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to present at client seminars, conferences and workshops
- IT literacy and an interest in leveraging technology to improve knowledge offering
- Demonstrable ability to establish credibility with, effectively engage with and influence diverse teams of senior individuals
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a dynamic and intellectually rigorous environment
In Barden Legal we’re the experts in legal recruitment; the people legal professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.